New York freeze has got me thinking and talking about a tropical escape. You really can't blame me. I can't help but reminisce on the last adventure I took where the sun was generous and my skin felt the most relaxed and healthy. My trip to Coron Island in Palawan, Philippines is a little over two months ago yet it feels so much longer than that. It was nothing short of incredible. Not an ounce of make-up on my face, daily body massages and amazing body oils drenched on my skin are three simple formulas to living my best life. I would go back in a heart beat.
Since I've been back, the brutal air of winter has not been forgiving to my skin. I've been trying out various products to get rid of dry patches and random breakouts. I've discovered a few products that are making my skin feel and look so much better just in time for my next adventure.
Here are the five products in my winter skin edit.
1. Tree Hut Skincare Shea Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub — Say goodbye to dry skin. This product is the intense exfoliation my skin needs when it’s winter. The sugar grains and natural oils polishes away the damaged and dead skin leaving my skin smooth and soft to the touch. A good body scrub is what you need in this brutal cold.
2. Dr. Jart + Water Fuse Hydro Sleep Mask — I’ve always felt hesitant to use sleep masks. But after experiencing dehydrated and dull skin every winter morning, I just had to try it. This stuff is miracle in a bottle. I simply apply it after my moisturizer and I wake up with soft and hydrated skin. Now I can’t live without it all year round.
3. SK-II Pitera Essence Set — Around Black Friday, I decided to invest more in quality products. I’ve heard so many good things about SK-II and I know you have too! I purchased this set on Sephora and have been using the Facial Treatment Essence. This is the change my skin deserves!
4. L’Occitane Shea Butter Ultra-Rich Body Cream — I prefer body creams over lotion most especially during the winter season. This one is my favorite. It noursihes, protects and restores my skin better than regular lotion. I also like the light texture it has leaving my skin soft without the greasy residue.
5. L’Occitane Shea Fabulous Oil — I use this body oil right after I get out of the shower. It is best when used on damp skin! I let my skin air dry and this stuff really locks in the moisture and keeps my skin hydrated.